THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED
Duurzame Student is looking for a new editor-in-chief from October 2023! Are you the one who always corrects your friends for language mistakes? Do you know which language appeals to people and how we can reach as many people as possible with our articles? AND are you interested in sustainability topics? Then this vacancy might be for you!
Who are we at Duurzame Student?
DuurzameStudent.nl stands for an intersectional sustainable future for everyone. In the articles on our website we give our view on social, economic, ecological and general life-style themes. And at the same time we want to help students make conscious choices in their respective fields of study and careers.
We were founded in 2008 by Studenten voor Morgen. At the moment our permanent team consists of 14 volunteers. Together we are the online platform about sustainability for and by students.
What are you going to do as Editor-in-chief?
As an editor-in-chief, you ensure that content-rich articles appear on the website, that they are easy to find by a wide audience and cover a range of sustainability topics. More specifically, this is what you will do:
- Editing articles from our writers (including scheduling and proof
- Asking critical questions about the content and linguistic aspects of the articles and working with the writers on their final version.
- Working closely with the social media manager.
- Publishing the articles on the Duurzame Student website and social media channels.
- Keeping the website up to date and applying SEO.
- Managing the editor-in-chief email account.
What do we expect from you?
- An excellent sense of English language (Dutch is a plus).
- Broad interest in everything related to sustainability topics.
- Flexible availability (on average about 5-8 hours per week).
- Attendance at the editorial meetings that take place a few times a year (online or in Utrecht).
- Experience with WordPress and/or SEO is a plus.
What can you expect from us?
- A team of enthusiastic students and young professionals from all over the Netherlands, with a heart for sustainability;
- A volunteer allowance of €90 per month.
- The opportunity to put your strategic, organizational and editorial skills into practice.
Interested? Then apply quickly!
Send your application and CV no later than the 15th of September @23:59 to Lisa van den Dries (email@example.com). You can also send an email or contact us on social media if you have any questions.